Star Wars: Omnibus: X-Wing Rogue Squadron, Volume 2, Michael A. Stackpole, and Sith Magic, on the next Star Wars Beyond the Films, YOUR Star Wars discussion podcast! YOUR ticket to the EU!
This week true believers, Beyonders, Fanboys, Fangirls, respected aliens around the galaxy, your EU Guru; Nathan P. Butler, and The Defender of the EU; Mark Hurliman sit down to discuss the second volume of the three volume X-Wing Rogue Squadron Omnibus series. Strap in and tighten the crash webbing! Star Wars Beyond the Films is setting off on a rapid-fire trip to a galaxy far, far away!
In this week’s episode jumps in with the Star Wars 2012 Del Rey Convention Exclusive Sampler Contest. Be sure to listen to the show to learn how to win it!
This episode covers the issues collected in the the Star Wars: Omnibus- X-Wing Rogue Squadron Vol. 2: (Be sure to check out the links for some epic cover art)
- X-Wing Rogue Squadron Special
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 9: Battleground: Tatooine, Part 1
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 10: Battleground: Tatooine, Part 2
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 11: Battleground: Tatooine, Part 3
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 12: Battleground: Tatooine, Part 4
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 13: The Warrior Princess, Part 1
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 14: The Warrior Princess, Part 2
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 15: The Warrior Princess, Part 3
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 16: The Warrior Princess, Part 4
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 17: Requiem for a Rogue, Part 1
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 18: Requiem for a Rogue, Part 2
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 19: Requiem for a Rogue, Part 3
- X-wing Rogue Squadron 20: Requiem for a Rogue, Part 4
Plourr’s story takes center-stage this chapter. Nathan owns singles whereas Mark has the Omnibus collection. This time though Mark’s 2nd X-Wing Omnibus’s binding is coming apart! They launch into a short discussion about book bindings and comic bindings. They also talk about the different art styles used in the various stories, and artist teams, and how they evolved with the story. And still true to the rule; Sullustan are the Red Shirts of the SWEU.
Once again, your dynamic duo cover entirely too much X-Wingie EU-goodness in their ONE hour, but don’t worry, give it a go; you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you might even get a little education on the EU while you’re at it. But no matter how you slice it and dice it, you’ll be having another adventure Beyond the Films. So once again, sit back, hang on, enjoy the show and may the Force be with you!