Dark Horse loses the license to continue writing Star Wars stories as of 2015?! And Marvel’s getting it. All this and more! All on the next Star Wars Beyond the Films. YOUR Star Wars discussion podcast! YOUR ticket to the EU!
This week true believers, Beyonders, Fanboys, Fangirls, respected aliens around the galaxy, The Defender of the EU; Mark Hurliman, and your EU Guru; Nathan P. Butler, sit down to continue discuss the recent news about Dark Horse, the Marvel / Disney partnership, and what that means for Star Wars comics come 2015. What does this all mean? What did your hosts think? Well strap in and tighten your crash webbing Fandom, Star Wars Beyond the Films is setting off on another rapid-fire trip into the galaxy far, far away!This week they ponder things like:
- Contest Details are announced at the biggining of this weeks show, be sure to enter for a chance to win one of the many Celebration 100 Prizes!
- #MayTheForceBeWithEmma Little Emma’s struggle (Fandom to the Rescue)
- A Marvelous world – Nathan gives a history of Marvel Star Wars Comics
- Life without Dark Horse
- Will this make the timeline even more convoluted? Or is the 2015 date a sign we will get a reboot? Marvel uses New Age as a reboot type point?
- Was The Star Wars seen as a negative? Some fans seen to think so?!
- Cross overs? Noooooooooooooooooo!
- Digital Only Releases
- Could this mean Del Rey could potentially lose license to Hyperion?
- Will we see Omnibus collections?
- Was Dark Empire going to be a Marvel story?
- No new books about EU characters set to come out- that was only Dark Horse
- Could we see a Harry Potter Model story?- NJO
- Will the Zombie EU continue?
- Old EU – Could it continue in the regards of an alternate universe?
- How did Dark Horse get to publish Marvel comics in Omnibus?
- They discuss comic apps, both Dark Horse and Marvel
- Will less physical copies due to digital age make finding physical DH comics difficult post 2015?
- Prices- Marvel and DH both jumped up
- Is there a plan? – marvel is working on these comics- is it going to be like Republic how the writers were in the dark?
All this and more!
Once again, your dynamic duo cover entirely too much “What does it mean?!” action in their ONE hour, but don’t worry, give it a go; you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you might even get a little education on the EU while you’re at it. But no matter how you slice it and dice it, you’ll be having another adventure Beyond the Films. So sit back, hang on, enjoy the show, and may the Force be with you!
Also be sure to check out the latest SWBTF Video Links from your hosts:
Want to support us? Follow THIS LINK here, for details how.