Hey all! Bethany here to introduce you to Kathleen Siegle! Kathleen does her own cooking site Yummy Crumble, focusing mainly on sweets and desserts. Kathleen is also a geek though, which shows in her cooking (as you may recall seeing her delicious (but kinda scary) Star Wars Sarlacc Bundt Cake). For your sweet tooth today, Kathleen brings us her peppermint jawa brownies recipe below!
Kathleen describes these as: “Dark chocolate brownies cut into little Jawas and filled with peppermint dark chocolate ganache. Don’t forget the cute candy eyes for these Peppermint Jawa Brownies! These are irresistibly adorable and easy!”
Here is the recipe:
- 1 box prepared brownie mix
- ¼ cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 drop peppermint extract
- Gold candy pearls
- Preheat oven to 325 F and grease your baking dish (9×13)
- Prepare brownie batter according to package.
- Instead of baking in a 9×9 or 8×8 pan, use a 9×13 inch baking dish and spread the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Set brownies aside to cool.
- Once completely cooled, using a Jawa Cookie cutter, cut out the shapes of the Jawas and set on a cookie sheet.
- Press in the faces of the Jawas with your finger or back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, melt your chocolate chips in 20 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Carefully drop a minimal amount of peppermint extract in the chocolate and mix. At this point you can taste the chocolate and see if you want more peppermint. A little goes a long way.
- If the chocolate is too thick you can mix some coconut butter into it to thin it out.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into the faces and add the eyes.
- Place the finished Jawas in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Enjoy eating them!
For more details, check out Kathleen’s post here!Powered by Sidelines