Riley was fortunate enough to make it in time for the Mark Hamill Q&A Panel at Star Wars Celebration Europe. Not only was he able to get some pictures, he also heard some hilarious tales.
After getting funneled in amongst throngs of passionate Star Wars fans at the Excell center, London, I found myself seated in the presence of Luke Skywalker himself.
The panel was more of a casual conversation than a Q&A. Being there was like listening to your funny, endearing uncle tell stories your parents never would about your family. The following are some highlights of Mark’s incredible tales as told from the Star Wars Celebration Stage. -Riley
Some of the questions/answers:
- Episode VIII? He says he is contractually obligated to keep his trap shut. Lol.
- What did he think of the secrecy around Star Wars in general?
- “It can be really annoying and intrusive, you get the call sheets and there’s no names; everybody’s got a number! You’re number 11, you’re 33. You look at the call sheet and wonder who’s working, and go ‘I really loved number 22’s work. She’s twice as good as 11.’”
- “They’re not doing it to annoy you. They just want the surprise to be in the movie theater, not the internet.”
- What he knew of Arndt’s floating hand opening.
- “What’s her last name?” (Hamill acted like he forgot Rey’s first name.)
- “Rey caught it?! She hasn’t even been to Dagobah for training!” (When discussing if he knew Rey was Force-sensitive.)
- “Is that a gravestone next to you?” He replies; “I don’t know! It looked like a rock to me!“
- He even promises new iconic lines about the force to come before the next trilogy is finished.
And remember, more Star Wars Celebration Europe details will be flooding the web soon enough. Until then enjoy Celebration!Powered by Sidelines