If there’s one takeaway I have from the Rogue One Panel, it’s the fact that Gareth Edwards’ film is going putting the “war” in Star Wars.
Let’s jump in.
The panel was hosted by the ever exuberant and delightful Gwendoline Christie.
Director Gareth Edwards shared some behind the scenes photos including some visits by VIP guests Mark Hamill and George Lucas
The film is more or less the brainchild of ILM’s CCO John Knoll The Poster Revealed! I love the visual style of the poster showcasing the contrast between the threat of the death troopers and the beautiful beach.
The big takeaways from the panel:
- The “beach planet” where a major battle takes place is Scarif.
- Ben Mendelssohn is awesome.
- Felicity Jones was presented with her very own “Star Wars doll.”
- Kaytoo played by Alan Tudyk was once an Imperial droid before he was “reprogrammed.”
- Mads Mikkelsen’s Galen Eros is a sort of genius who invented “something so fantastic, so beautiful that it might change the universe.” (Daddy issues anyone?)
Check out our photos here:
Ben Mendelson arrived in costume with a full escort of death troopers!
We really got to see the war aesthetic driven home with some of the new shots shown off on stage.
Alan Tudyk is the man.
Showing off a local train stop used for filming in Rogue One:
The Jedha are a sort of Force worshipping sect who play a integral role in the film.
Forest Whitaker shed some light on his character Saw Gerrera. Saw is a truely extreme “guerilla fighter.”
Has father lost daughter? We know almost nothing about Jyn’s relationship with her father, but if Rogue One follows the tradition of the other SW films, I bet family drama will play a big role.
And that’s a wrap. Folks, we’re getting a war movie. I couldn’t be more excited for the next Star Wars film. Rogue One hits theaters in December.
Powered by Sidelines