We have a NEW LANDO! More Rogue One details by Felicity Jones herself, Pablo pointers, plus so much more! All on this week’s episode of the STAR WARS REPORT!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our sponsors this week:
- EntertainArt! Get officially licensed ready-to-hang wall art – Star Wars + more! Go to http://www.starwarsreport.com/art and enter the discount code: “SWR20″ for 20% off your purchase!
- Caseable! Get handcrafted cases for all your mobile devices including some amazing Star Wars designs! Go to http://www.starwarsreport.com/caseable and use discount code “SWR10” for 10% off your purchase!
This week’s topics include:
- Donald Glover is young Lando Calrissian in the new Han Solo spinoff (starwars.com)
- USA Today releases excerpt from Catalyst – Chapter 5 where Krennic meets baby Jyn for the first time as Galen is being sprung from prison.
- Pablo Hidalgo talks Rogue One:
- “Everyone knows about the Death Star as this way-larger-than-life concept. It’s hard to wrap your head around this weapon that’s so powerful. But this is the idea of understanding who were some of its architects and what were they thinking?”
- “It’s no accident that we’ve taken a look at the Manhattan project and what was happening at Los Alamos laboratories during the tail end of World War II. Being able to look at that kind of thing through history and then apply the Star Wars filter to it is really fascinating.”
- “One of the great opportunities we have with Jyn, unlike some of our heroes in a Star Wars film, is she knows her past. She knows her parents. She knows where she came from. So we’re able to take these characters and really flesh them out because we have this grounding of them actually established in the context of the film.”
- Jyn’s a little girl throughout Catalyst, but once folks see her as a young woman in the movie, Hidalgo says, “you start to see puzzle pieces start to connect and you’ll understand things about Jyn from reading this book that you might not have otherwise.”
- Pablo Hidalgo talks Rogue One:
- EW.com exclusive: New ‘Rogue One’ Images Revealed by Topps’ ‘Star Wars: Card Trader’
- Felicity Jones is interviewed on the Empire podcast about her new movie, Inferno, but also talks Rogue One
Felicity’s early exposure to Star Wars and favorite SW film: Audio clip mp3 at 1:38
- Yahoo! Movies Exclusive from TFA 3D Blu-ray: J.J. Abrams reveals shot suggested by Ava DuVernay in ‘The Force Awakens‘ climactic fight (yahoo.com article with video)
- Also audio clip from the commentary
- Ava DuVernay – an American director and screenwriter. Director of Selma. First black female director nominated for Golden Globe and first black female director to have her film nominated Best Picture at the Oscars.
- From The Star Wars Story: 3D commentary clip of J.J. talking about the “Forceback” when Rey touches Luke’s lightsaber: Audio clip mp3 at 1:19
- Riley and Bethany interview Ashley Eckstein at NY Comic Con
Mark: Ahsoka novel/ Audiobook
Bruce: Ahsoka Funko Pop figure
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.
Stop here to avoid spoilers!!!
Spoilers (after the show):
None this weekPowered by Sidelines