What’s up with Star Wars Land? Rogue One updates, the Han Solo Star Wars story, Michael Giacchino on the influence of John Williams, plus so much more! All on this week’s episode of the STAR WARS REPORT!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our sponsors this week:
- EntertainArt! Get officially licensed ready-to-hang wall art – Star Wars + more! Go to http://www.starwarsreport.com/art and enter the discount code: “SWR20″ for 20% off your purchase!
- Caseable! Get handcrafted cases for all your mobile devices including some amazing Star Wars designs! Go to http://www.starwarsreport.com/caseable and use discount code “SWR10” for 10% off your purchase!
This week’s topics include:
- Star Wars Land at Disneyland…It’s going to be HUGE (tweet from @Universal_Core)
- Donald Glover was on Ellen to talk about Lando and following Billy Dee Williams
- Audio clip (mp3 at 51 seconds)
- Alden Ehrenreich, aka “Young Han Solo”, was interviewed by Interview magazine:
MARTIN: You’re in London right now. What are you over there to do?
EHRENREICH: Prep stuff for Star Wars.
MARTIN: Is that going to be shot entirely over there?
EHRENREICH: I actually don’t know. They shoot the Star Wars films in England. But I think they also shoot them in other places. I’m not sure exactly where the locations will be.
MARTIN: What kind of prep have you been doing?
EHRENREICH: Well, I had an audition process that went on for a long time, and I got to spend a lot of time with the guys who are directing the film. Getting to be around them and being around the world a little bit has been the main experience so far. I did my audition on the Millennium Falcon for one of my screen tests, which was pretty cool.
- New Entertainment Weekly image of Rogue One
- Giacchino: “John and I have known each other for a while and he’s always been a great giver of wisdom. He is a great teacher, even when he is not directly teaching you. Growing up listening to him — he was one of my biggest indirect teachers. Working on this films I am constantly reminded that it was Star Wars that pushed me in this direction.”
- Michael Giacchino on the influence of John Williams (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Edwards: “Events take place that just shatter her life and send her off to basically be raised as a soldier in the midst of a war. She ends up not the person she was supposed to be.”
- Edwards: “Even though we’re not telling the story of Luke Skywalker, it was important to me that we capture the same themes and emotion. But the film doesn’t unfold how you think. It’s not the same path as Star Wars.”
- Gareth Edwards talks Jyn Erso in USA Today holiday film preview:
- Felicity Jones talks about joining the fan community on Jimmy Kimmel Live Audio clip (mp3 at 60 seconds)
- Audio clip of Felicity on getting ready to be Jyn and keeping Rogue One secrets. (mp3 at 33 seconds) from Hollywood Reporter
- Riley: New Studio
- Mark: Rogue One Poster
- Bethany: NYCC Poster
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.
Stop here to avoid spoilers!!!
Spoilers (after the show):
None this weekPowered by Sidelines