Riley is joined by Celebration Stage Host and StarWars.com Writer Amy Ratcliffe!
Star Wars Tonight is now available on iTunes!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Tonight podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport On Fridays, we’re recording a bonus 5th episode for our supporters at all levels!
This week’s topics include:
- How ‘Rogue One’ Droid K-2SO Was Inspired By ‘The Empire Strikes Back’ http://bit.ly/2fVjgii
“The goal was to create an original droid while incorporating elements from the past. “It’s not the first time we’ve seen an Imperial droid,” Knoll says. “There’s the Imperial probe droid and the sort of interrogation droid that have these black shells and a kind of sinister, evil-looking character to them”
- Star Wars author James Luceno on setting the stage for Rogue One http://bit.ly/2fVk1b8
“…as the novel developed it became clear that I needed to focus on a select few, and spread their backstories over a course of years rather than days or weeks. And so the story focuses on Imperial weapons specialist, Orson Krennic, and preeminent scientist, Galen Erso, along with his wife, Lyra, and their young daughter, Jyn. Krennic serves the Republic, then the Empire unflinchingly, where Galen wants nothing to do with war or politics. Only his family and his research matter. Fatefully, Galen’s passion for the latter places him and his family in peril. In detailing the relationship between Krennic and Erso, I had to determine when and how they met, and the nature and depth of their relationship.”
- Palpatine Used the Clone Wars to Build the Death Star in ‘Catalyst’ http://bit.ly/2fTJtKy
“For years, the Clone Wars have raged across the galaxy. Countless worlds have been ensnared in the conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Separatist army led by the devious Sith Lord Count Dooku. While rumors spread that the Separatists are nearing completion of a superweapon, fear grips the Republic. In response, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has tasked a secret team of researchers with perfecting a battle station for the Republic: the Death Star.”
Thanks To Geek Fuel for Sponsoring tonight’s show!
- Geek Fuel ships out a mystery box for geeks and gamers each month that has at least $50 worth of value for around $15 + Shipping and Handeling.
- Every box has an exclusive t-shirt, a full downloadable game, and a total of 5-7 geeky items!
- Free bonus star wars item in their first box (at least $10 value)
- Go to geekfuel.com/starwarsreport
Get the Show:
- Download the mp3 HERE: (Right-click and “save as”)
- Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
- Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.