John Williams is Scoring Episode 8 already! Tarkin has been seen popping up! Rogue One interviews, advanced screenings, and so much more! All on this week’s episode of the STAR WARS REPORT!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our sponsors this week:
- Geek Fuel! A mystery box is shipped to geeks and gamers each month that has at least $50 worth of value for around $15 + S&H. Every box has an exclusive t-shirt, a full downloadable game, and a total of 5-7 geeky items. Free bonus item in their first box (at least $10 value) https://www.geekfuel.com/starwarsreport
- EntertainArt! Get officially licensed ready-to-hang wall art – Star Wars + more! Go to http://www.starwarsreport.com/art and enter the discount code: “SWR20″ for 20% off your purchase!
Hosts: Riley Blanton and Mark Hurliman
Special Guest: Bruce Gibson
This week’s topics include:
- Variety spoke to John Williams about his current work
- Williams concedes that he had hoped for greater commercial success for “The BFG,” which was deemed a box-office disappointment after its July 1 release. His next film, however, won’t be: He begins recording “Star Wars Episode VIII” in December and expects to record off and on through March or April 2017.
- Huge response and lines for advanced Rogue One tickets
- Audio clip 1:08 – Report from ABC7 New York
- Tarkin in Rogue One teaser (ew.com)
- Rogue One cast and Gareth Edwards interviewed on Facebook Live:
- Diego Luna talks about the responsibility of doing this for fans – Audio clip :35
- Ben Mendelsohn when he first saw Darth Vader – Audio clip :31
- Felicity Jones talks about how real situations felt on set – Audio clip 1:11
- Diego Luna talks about the multi racial and cultural cast represented in Star Wars – Audio clip :48
- Gareth Edwards stole the Death Star plans from the set – Audio clip :47
- George Lucas tell Gareth Edwards not to screw it up! (comicbook.com via My TF1)
- “He said, ‘don’t screw it up,'” Edwards first joked with a smile when talking about Lucas visiting and any potential advice. “I think there are two things that are incredibly surreal that you can do in your life. Number 2 is having to show George Lucas your Star Wars movie. Like, that was really crazy. And I think number 1 is to be George Lucas and have someone show you a Star Wars movie. So I felt for him, and he was incredibly gracious.”
- Edwards: “He joked a lot about how we should do more in the computer, and not build so much,” Edwards revealed. That’s, of course, pointing at the heavy criticism Lucas received for the high level of CGI in the prequel trilogy, Episode I – III. “We didn’t take his advice. We tried to shoot as much in-camera as possible.”
- Carrie Fisher’s other Star Wars revelations on Late Show with Stephen Colbert Audio clip 1:47
- Carrie on Ellen talks having lots of Coke Audio clip 1:03
- SPOILERS: (Highlight to read)
- Journalists see 28 minutes of Rogue One
- Gareth Edwards says no opening crawl to French TV site (My TF1)
- “There is no opening crawl. But there is a prologue at the beginning of the film that takes place 15 years before the action of the film and that is how the action is exposed. Our film comes from the text of Episode IV…if we give the text, it would be endless. We really had to differentiate Rogue One from the rest of the saga.”
- END SPOILERS
- We wonder how each Star Wars film would have been critiqued if only the first 28 minutes of each was shown.
- Rogue One opening weekend predictions
- And more!
- Mark: His current Black Series dilemma
- Bruce: Traveling and finding Star Wars murals
- Riley: Could Star Wars Tonight be impacting Riley’s schooling? Possibly. Will that stop him? Not. One. Iota.
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.