The Beyond the Films 2016 Year in Review begins here! This episode we focus on the Star Wars Comics that came out this year. Followed by Games, which will be an episode all on its own this time around, and lastly, Films, Television and the um other stuff… All this, and much more! All on the next Star Wars Beyond the Films. YOUR “Star Wars” discussion podcast! YOUR Podcast of Legends! YOUR ticket to that Galaxy far, far away! Your Fandom lies Beyond the Films.
This week true believers, Beyonders, Fanboys, Fangirls, respected aliens around the galaxy, The Champion of the Multiverse; Mark Hurliman, and your Count of Continuities; Nathan P. Butler sit down to take a look back over the previous year of Star Wars Comics Publications. This is your Beyond the Films 2016 Year in Review! So strap in and tighten your crash webbing Fandom, Star Wars Beyond the Films is setting off on another rapid-fire trip into that galaxy far, far away!
This episode your hosts discuss: 2016 Year In Review: Comics
- STAR WARS by MARVEL COMICS for 2016
- What’s going on with the Rebels Magazine?
- 3 themes:
- 1- clash of quality and quantity
- 2- comparison to Legends: consistency
- Which leads to a Mega Mark Meltdown
- 3- Bro-tastic tales- a gimmick nature storytelling “Click Bait tales”
- Kanan 10 – 12 and TPB 2 (the end of First Blood and that series), Omnibus in Dec.
- Vader Down conclusion (Star Wars 14 and Darth Vader 15, then TPB)
- Star Wars: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi, Rebel Jail, FTJOOBK again, Last Flight of the Harbinger Star Wars: V2 (Showdown on the Smuggler’s Moon), V3 (Rebel Jail)
- Star Wars hardcover collected edition 1 (issues 1 – 12)
- They discuss the problem with having rotating Artists for a comic series.
- Darth Vader: The Shu-Torun War (building on Annual 1 from last year), End of Games (end of series) Darth Vader: V2 (Shadows and Secrets), V3 (Sho Torun), V3 (End of Games)
- Darth Vader hardback collected edition vol. 1 (first 2 arcs)
- WHY wouldn’t Vader adapt the force mimic tech?
- Doctor Aphra series which should premiere in Dec. (has by release)
- Poe Dameron: Black Squadron (with TPB), Lockdown, The Gathering Storm (still going)
- Obi-Wan and Anakin mini-series and TPB
- Lando and Chewbacca TPBs TFA adaptation (mini and TPB)
- Han Solo (full miniseries) racer- hides the engine
- TFA comic adaptation
- C-3PO: The Phantom Limb
- Original Trilogy Graphic Novel (originally from Brazil, I believe)
- TPM, AOTC, and ROTS hardback reprints
- Hardcover reprint of Shattered Empire (already had TPB)
- Epic Collection: New Republic Vol. 2 (XW Rogue Leader, RS through Warrior Princess, Special, and a pair of Tales stories: Lucky and A Day in the Life)
- Epic Collection: Rebellion Vol. 1 (issues of Empire, Vader’s Quest, and Brian Wood’s SW V2)
- Epic Collection: Original Marvel years Vol. 1 (Marvel 1 – 23, Pizzazz and SW Weekly 60)
- Epic Collection: Legacy Vol. 1 (Legacy 1 – 19)
- Droids and Ewoks Omnibus
- Ranking Marvel as a Student
- And more!
Once more your hosts cover entirely too much Year In Review
action this episode. But don’t worry, give it a go; you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you might even get a little education on Star Wars while you’re at it. But no matter how you slice it and dice it, you’ll be having another adventure Beyond the Films. So sit back, hang on, enjoy the show, and may the Force be with you!
Also be sure to check out the latest SWBTF Video Links from your hosts:
Want to support SWR? Follow THIS LINK here, for details how.
Powered by Sidelines