This episode, Mark looks at the latest book and comic news from SWCO, as well as gives a SPOILER-FREE review of Thrawn, the news release date for Episode IX, the Lego Mark Hamill Can Handle video circulating, D23 and Kathleen Kennedy shed light on upcoming films, and more!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our sponsors this week: Our fine Patreons!
- Happy 501st Day!
- New Books and Comics!
- The 2017 Fan Figure Polls are going!
- – Doctor Aphra
- – Sim Aloo
- – Saelt-Marae (Yak-face)
- – Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars Rebels)
- – ARC Trooper Fives
- – Emperor Palpatine
- The poll will be open right up until May 2 at 12 p.m. PT, and the winner will be announced on May the 4th. SO GO VOTE!
- We have a date for Star Wars: Episode IX (starwars.com)
- Disney and Lucasfilm announced May 24, 2019. Directed by Colin Trevorrow.
- Also, the fifth Indiana Jones movie is confirmed for July 10, 2020 with Spielberg and Ford.
- Rian Johnson not writing a story treatment for Episode IX.
- Reports back in June 2014 said he would be involved. That’s not happening.
- Chris Cape is back with a new video for his Mark Hamill can handle song– teamed with a stop motion lego fanfilm, Chris’s classic Mark Hamill Can Handle is ready for May the 4th this year! Go out and retweet it!
- Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy RECENTLY spoke about future films:
- [Translated] “To be honest, we are beginning to talk about [the spin-offs] right now. We have four or five weeks immersed in the film ‘Han Solo’ and we are about to read the script of Colin Trevorrow’s Episode IX directed, so we have a lot of work at the moment. In the next six or eight months we will have some meetings about the stories that we will develop here. After 40 years of adventures, fans have so much information and so many theories about the way that can take these stories and theories that emerge are sometimes new ideas for us that we hear, read and pay attention to everything what is said. It is clear that the franchise is owned by the as much by the fans as it’s owned by [the people at Lucasfilm].”
- D23 on July 14-16 at the Anaheim Convention Center
- Riz Ahmed on the cover of Time Magazine’s “The 100 Most Influential People”
- Ahmed’s tribute is written by Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda. The actor and musician contributed a rap to the Hamilton Mixtape and Miranda explains why he is a named as a pioneer.
- “Riz Ahmed has been quietly pursuing every passion and opportunity for many years as an actor (The Road to Guantanamo, Four Lions, Nightcrawler), rapper (Post 9/11 Blues, Englistan) and activist (raising funds for Syrian refugee children, advocating representation at the House of Commons).
- “To know him is to be inspired, engaged and ready to create alongside him. The year 2016 was when all the seeds he planted bore glorious fruit, and here’s the best part: he’s just getting started
- John Boyega Pranks Fans by photobombing them at the Celebration Force for Change photo op!
- And feedback!
- Daughter met a Padawan Perspective Fan at her dance competition.
- Review copies of Rebel Rising, Guardians of the Whills
- SWCO Exclusive Thrawn novel signed by Timothy Zahn
- A SPOILER-FREE Review of Thrawn
- None this week!
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.