This episode, TLJ details, new dates, characters, ships, planets, and insight into the title meaning! Comparing Legends Luke to Canon Luke. Plus Kathleen Kennedy continues to shed light on upcoming films, what kind of ingredients are in Blue Milk anyway? The winner of the Hasbro Fan Choice Award, and more!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our sponsors this week: Our fine Patreons!
- We have a date for Star Wars: Episode IX (starwars.com)
- Disney and Lucasfilm announced May 24, 2019…directed by Colin Trevorrow.
- Also, the fifth Indiana Jones movie is confirmed for July 10, 2020 with Spielberg and Ford.
- Entertainment Weekly has a video about the 5 things we know about The Last Jedi
- #1 – A brand new character! Kelly Marie Tran will play Rose, a Resistance mechanic, who will potentially be paired up with Finn as he recovers from a debilitating lightsaber injury.
- #2 – There’s a new planet in the film! The name of the world is Crait according to director Rian Johnson. “It’s way out there. It’s very remote. It’s uncharted. It’s a mineral planet and so there are mines on it.” It’s also the home of an abandoned Rebel base.
- #3 – There will be some new vehicles. These new starships are reminiscent of B-wings, first seen in Return of the Jedi, as well as in Star Wars: Rebels.
- #4 – We learn more about Luke’s decision to flee. Johnson said the movie will explain why Luke’s decision to flee and isolate himself was the right one, and not an act of cowardice.
- #5 – The Last Jedi doesn’t refer to Luke! It turns out the title The Last Jedi does not refer to him, does not indicate Rey, but it is instead Luke’s mournful pledge to end the mystical order.
- Blue Milk ingredients are now canon! (starwars.com)
- Blue Milk
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- blue food gel dye
- Stir together the milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- When the sugar is dissolved, stir in a drop of blue food gel dye until combined.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to drink.
- Blue Milk
- Doctor Aphra wins Hastro’s Star Wars figure vote (starwars.com)
- For Star Wars Day, The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson posted a brief video message to fans along with a special guest that likes to compose music.
- Audio clip :21
- EW: The Last Jedi director asked for a droid swap in The Force Awakens
- Johnson already had a to-do list for the Force once it awakened, and he was involved early enough to know exactly where Abrams and co-screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan were taking things. But when he saw the planned ending — that silent scene of Rey returning an exiled Luke Skywalker’s first lightsaber to him — he had a concern about who was accompanying her on that journey.
- His request will end up returning a long-beloved Star Wars figure to the center of the action: R2-D2. “Yes … The big [favor] was, I asked if R2 could come with Rey, and if BB-8 could stay behind with the Resistance,” Johnson says. “Originally it was BB-8 who went with Rey, which makes sense for the story in a way. But I asked, ‘Can you do me this solid and switch the droids?’”
- Disney reveals digital network with a new Star Wars series…but not quite what you’re thinking (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Disney has revealed the newly created Disney Digital Network, which will combine the talent and brands at Maker with existing web properties. The company’s slate of shows includes Science and Star Wars, an episodic series that explores the parallels between science fantasy and the beloved space-set franchise.
- Science and Star Wars: An episodic series that explores, explains, and demonstrates the parallels between the science fantasy of Star Wars and the real-world scientific breakthroughs the saga has inspired. Join show host Anthony Carboni and his rotating roster of IBM Researchers, scientific experts, guest stars and Watson, to explore and experiment with technology that isn’t so far, far away anymore. Presented by IBM; Facebook exclusive through Facebook Anthology.
- MTV’s Josh Horowitz talks to Kathleen Kennedy about Disney CEO Bob Iger’s comments regarding how the next Han Solo shows how he got his name…
- A rapid fire Q/A
- And feedback!
- Riley: Rebel Rising
- Mark: Free Comic Book Day Hijinks
- None this week!
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.