With Rancho Obi-Wan having $200,000 worth of SW Loot pilfered, the boys examine the TRUE VALUE OF FRIENDSHIP! Trevorrow talks the limitations of making Episode 9 now that Fisher is not with us, there are new D23 details on the horizon, and so much more!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our sponsors this week: Our fine patrons!
- Support Sansweet and Rancho Obi-Wan!
- Director Colin Trevorrow says Episode IX will give the Sequel Trilogy an “emotionally resonant conclusion” (screenrant)
- Also…“The process of Star Wars began way back in August of 2015 when I looked at what J.J. and Rian had done and I’m very fortunate that I’m surrounded by some really, really brilliant producers and brilliant creative minds – Kiri Hart and the Lucasfilm story group and my producer [Michelle] Rejwan and Kathy Kennedy and also J.J. and Rian, Larry Kasdan. I mean, these are the best minds available and everybody’s engaged in making sure this is the most satisfying and emotionally resonant conclusion that we can possibly deliver.”
- How Trevorrow will handle Carrie Fisher’s death in Episode IX (cinemablend.com).
- She was a major character, that’s not a secret. She really was. And it was extremely sad for all of us, mostly just because she was so loved by the Star Wars family and everyone that worked with her. I feel like our options are limited mostly by ourselves, in that there is only certain things that we are willing to do. But I can guarantee it will be handle†d with love and respect, and all of the soul that Carrie Fisher deserves.
- John Boyega drops spoiler that he plays a villain…everyone freaks out!!!…well, but it’s the wrong movie
- Marvel’s Darth Vader #1, reveals how Darth Vader constructed his red lightsaber. His master Palpatine explains Sith lightsabers get their blood red color.
- Palpatine; “The crystal from any Jedi’s saber will do. As you know, the Kyber’s are alive, in their way. Like any living thing, they can feel pain. Through the dark side, you must pour your pain into the crystal. And when, at last, the agony becomes more than it can stand…a beautiful crimson. The color of your rage.”
- Disney will devote an entire pavilion to the Star Wars-themed land at D23 (DisneyParksBlog)
- In just a few short weeks, guests can catch a glimpse of the locations, starships, creatures and droids that will populate this remote village on the Outer Rim, and experience the world premiere of a detailed model showcasing the immersive 14-acre lands coming to Disney Parks in 2019. There will be plenty of artwork and media on display to show guests the creative process bringing the Star Wars, galaxy to life.
- Star Wars VR shows off Vader’s volcano lair (nerdist.com)
- Sad news: $200,000 worth of extensive Star Wars collection stolen from Steve Sansweet and Rancho Obi-Wan (Rancho Obi-Wan letter from Steve)
- Riley: Culture Clash Podcast + SWCO friendship vlog (Releases Monday 6-12-17)
- Mark: Shelf shifting +- Hoping SW never has a film flop as hard as It Comes At Night.
- None this week!
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.