Han Solo- new direction: Lord and Miller are out? Ron Howard is in! Anakin and Ahsoka are back in action? Is there ever such a thing as too much Star Wars (revisited) More Star Wars coming to Netflix! All this, and so much more!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our sponsors this week: Our fine patrons!
- Han Solo movie directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were let go (starwars.com)
- Announced on Tuesday, June 20
- “Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy.
- “Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’ but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew,” stated Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.
- Lucasfilm says the movie will remain on course for a May 2018 release.
- Director Ron Howard is in! (hollywoodreporter.com)
- Announces Thursday, June 22
- Howard, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter, will meet with the actors — Alden Ehrenreich is playing the iconic smuggler, Donald Glover is playing Lando Calrissian, with Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke and Thandie Newton also on the roll call — to soothe a rattled set and will pore over a rough edit to see what the project has and still needs.
- Too much SW? – We submitt to you; The Glove of Darth Vader vs Vector Prime
- Episode IX director Colin Trevorrow said he asked The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson to shoot a scene in a specific location (ign.com)
- “There was one little thing,” said Trevorrow. “It wasn’t an adjustment, it was just, ‘Could you shoot this one extra thing while you’re in this place on this day?’ And he did, which was great.”
- Negative reviews of Trevorrow’s The Book of Henry (22% on Rotten Tomatoes) has fans concerned that he could be dropped from Episode IX (screenrant.com)
- Are Anakin and Ahsoka coming back for a showdown on Rebels?
- Why are Ashley Eckstein and Matt Lanter recording? Maybe Star Wars: Forces of Destiny?
- How can your Monday be UGH when you get to record with Matt Lanter in your Matt Lanter shirt???— Ashley Eckstein (@HerUniverse) June 19, 2017
- Rogue One is coming to Netflix
- First time a live-action Star Wars movie has been on the service
- Starting in July (hellogiggles.com)
- New deal between Netflix and Disney only started in 2016…TFA came out 2015
- None this week!
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.