Is Captain Rex officially in ROTJ? John Boyega talks The Last Jedi and Carrie Fisher! There’s a new writer for Episode IX. Riley Blanton and Bruce Gibson talk about their Boba’s Bounty and much more!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our patrons! We reached 50!
- Rebels writer Steven Melching confirms in a tweet that Captain Rex is the older guy on Endor in ROTJ. He shared a design of Rex in the ROTJ gear. BUT, he now says that was a mistake and deleted the tweet.
- Clint Howard will probably be in untitled Han Solo movie
- John Boyega talks to Entertainment Weekly about having different directors for each Star Wars movie. (ew.com by Dalton Ross)
- Boyega thinks having a different director on each of the new episodes is the perfect way to keep the franchise fresh 40 years in and counting. “What people fail to understand sometimes is that the success of these stories that will stay with us long-term is to bring new ideas, is to expand the universe. So we can have new stories, new people, just a different perspective is awesome. [Rian] had a chance to really go crazy, and I’m a big Star Wars buff so certain things I saw I was just like ‘Well, that’s a first.’ And that, for me, is really cool to experience.”
- John Boyega tells ABC News that Carrie Fisher gets a send off in TLJ in “an amazing way”
- The Hollywood Reporter reports there is a new writer for Episode IX
- Jack Thorne, the British scribe who wrote the upcoming Julia Roberts-Jacob Tremblay movie Wonder, has been tapped to work on the Star Wars installment that is to be directed by Colin Trevorrow.
- Trevorrow and his writing partner, Derek Connolly, have been working on the script, but sources say a fresh set of eyes was needed. It is unclear how extensive the rewrites will be.
- Rian Johnson wrote and directed Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the eighth installment of the sci-fi fantasy that opens Dec. 15.
- Riley: Finis Valorum’s new book.
- Bruce: R2-D2 at Star Trek Las Vegas
- None this week!
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.