Hamill reveals an important date, Warren Duxbury joins the discussion to regal us with tales from behind the scenes of AotC, we learn Billie Lourde was almost Rey, and that new comics will explore locations of TLJ, as well as Captain Phasma, and so much more!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our patrons! We reached 50!
- Trailer News: On September 17, Mark Hamill responded to a fan on Twitter asking about when exactly a new trailer for The Last Jedi would appear. Hamill replied: “Watch Monday Night Football on Monday, October 9th — for no reason in particular.”
- New Images from TLJ
- Billie Lourd auditioned for the role of Rey!
- ‘J.J. Abrams called me to come in for Star Wars because he couldn’t find someone for the lead,’ said Lourd speaking on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- Marvel To Release New ‘Storms Of Crait’ One-Shot Comic
- set to arrive on December 27
- titled Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Storms of Crait #1
- written by Ben Acker and Ben Blacker (Star Wars: Join The Resistance)
- art by Mike Mayhew (Star Wars, The Star Wars).
- The comic rewinds to the Galactic Civil War, following Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa as they take up arms on the salt-covered world and search for a new rebel base.
- StarWars.com asked series artist Marco Checchetto to take us behind the panels of the landmark issue with his early sketches, layouts, and commentary.
- With Phasma #1 out we finally learned how Phasma escapes.
- Page 1: Page 1 was the most difficult page to do. I did it at the end of issue 1. We started with a big splash of Phasma and I wanted put in a little Easter egg: The door behind her is exactly the same door we saw in the trash compactor of A New Hope.”
- Page 2: Page 2 was my first page of this miniseries. I watched The Force Awakens many times — I love it — to give these pages the same atmosphere as the movie. I used it to study a lot of elements: Phasma, backgrounds, and also the new stormtroopers.
- Page 3: The story by Kelly Thompson is so intriguing and the script is so well written that it draws itself. On this page we can see that the Phasma’s cape is very useful, and not just an accessory. (Phasma uses cape to block blaster shots)
- Page 4/5: “Kelly has a great taste for spectacular scenes and knows exactly when the artist needs space to open the scene. In these pages, I was asked to draw Poe Dameron’s X-wing. When I want a precise atmosphere, I usually color some parts of my pages, as in this case, to help the colorist do an easy job.”
- This comic introduces BB-9E
- AotC Production Chat with Warren Duxbury
- And much, much more!
- None this week
- None this week!
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.