300 Episodes in the Archives! A Swag-tastic Contest to Celebrate! The Last Jedi Wraps Post-Production, Mark Hamill talks about the moods of sets, John Boyega seduces us with a look into Battlefront 2, and so much more!
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our patrons! We reached 50!
- Production on The Last Jedi has wrapped!
- John Boyega explains Star Wars Battlefront 2 Gameplay – New Trailer
- Class Game play, for both combat and star fighter
- Earn Battle Points in battle, to be used for reinforcements, Heroes, etc.
- Star Card Rarity bonuses
- 5 Multiplayer modes:
- Heroes vs Villains
- Star fighter Assault
- Galactic Assault.
- Offline Play
- Single Player Campaign- the story
- Mark Hamill still finds Star Wars ‘intimidating’ and ‘terrifying.’ (Daily Mail)
- He said he thinks the franchise is ‘almost too high-profile’ now, putting intense pressure on him as he plays Luke Skywalker.
- Hamill said: ‘On something like The Last Jedi, it’s such a massive production. The complexity of it is just mind-boggling to me, and how Rian Johnson stays so even-tempered and amiable. I never saw him lose his temper, I never heard him curse of humiliate someone. You know, I’ve had directors that dress people down in front of the whole crew. I was so lucky to be able to have his guidance.
- SW Kicks: In honor of the original release of a New Hope, SPERRY celebrates the series’ heroes with a collection of footwear inspired by the films.
- Exclusive style, available only on Sperry.com and at Sperry retail stores
- Lightweight, breathable canvas uppers
- Designs: https://blog.sperry.com/stories/design/star-wars-sperry-shoes/
- Forces of Destiny returns on October 1 (jedinews.co.uk)
- A new half-hour long special on Disney Channel
- The series has focused primarily on the exciting adventures of our female Star Wars leads including Leia, Padme, and Jyn, but we know that they will soon be joined by main characters such as Han and Finn in future episodes.
- Ian McDiarmid doesn’t want anyone else to play Palpatine (BBC)
- In an interview with BBC Scotland’s Timeline programme , the actor, who was only 37 when he got the part, says: “They wanted the oldest person in the world because in Return of the Jedi Palpatine is about 120 I think. They had cast someone who was nearer to that age than I was but for some reason he could not continue. I think the contact lens tests were rather unpleasant. They were hard glass.”
- “As far as the new films are concerned, I’m dead. There is no question about that. But there is what they call the anthology series and actually the most recent one, Rogue One, was about the time when I was in charge. I was referred to a few times, Darth Vader popped up, but you did not see me. Maybe they are keeping me as a surprise for later but I have no idea. Of course, I don’t want anyone else to play him.”
- Our 300th EPISODE Swag-tastic CONTEST!
- 3 Winners
- 3 Packages of assorted SW Swag
- How? Leave us an itunes Review, and listen for email instructions!
- And much, much more!
- Riley: Read Star Wars: Kanan: The Last Padawan
- Mark: Finished Star Wars: Inferno Squad, plus sale score of the Clone Wars Seasons 1-4, and Season 1 of Rebels.
- None this week!
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the show.