More news on Disney Infinity. Definitely something worth checking out.
Disney Interactive Reveals Details About New
Toy Box Features in Disney Infinity 3.0: Play Without Limits
LONDON, United Kingdom – (14 August 2015) – Disney Interactive today announced details of the new Toy Box features in Disney Infinity 3.0: Play Without Limits. Available in stores Friday 28th August, the latest addition to the franchise features a brand new Toy Box Hub, where players can learn about different types of gameplay styles, plus new community elements designed to further engage and connect Disney Infinity fans around the world.
All figures and Power Discs from the first two games will be compatible in the enhanced Toy Box 3.0 and allows players to mix and match characters from across The Walt Disney Company like never before.
A sampling of new Toy Box features, tools and toys include:
· Toy Box Hub: The Toy Box Hub is an all-new launch area where players’ creativity and imagination take flight. This is where every adventure begins and where players come to play their way. Uncover six gameplay zones – platforming, combat, racing, interiors, community, and farming – to learn about building and experience playing in the Toy Box all at the same time.
· Flynn’s Arcade: For the competitive Toy Box player, Flynn’s Arcade offers multiplayer with other Disney Infinity 3.0 players any time they want. Using a “lobby style” multiplayer system, fans can now play with anyone online without having to wait for their friends to be online.
· El Capitan: View episodes of Toy Box TV, preview and download the latest and greatest community made Toy Boxes or just hang out in the lobby of this landmark theatre. When players are connected online and walk in the theatre, they have easy access to lots of new Disney Infinity 3.0 content.
· Sidekicks: Recruit Townspeople Sidekicks to support in combat, unlock exploration modes to help build in the Toy Box, and cultivate crops. Give Townspeople Sidekicks different jobs with customised gear or make them more powerful by boosting their stats with the food and treats they grow.
· Farming: Feed, clothe, and nurture Townspeople Sidekicks, and guide them to plant, care for and harvest crops to eat. The more players feed them, the higher their stats will go, and the more fun they can have — including throwing fun parties in three new party rooms and a Sidekick Suite.
· Path Creator: Create custom, controllable paths in the Toy Box that other toys, objects, friends, enemies and more can travel along. This toy can also be used to create races, side-scrolling games, rail slides and more.
· Toy Dispenser: Step on one of the four colored buttons, each with a different type of toy, and the Toy Dispenser will give a toy to play with. This new feature now allows players to instantly access toys instead of having to unlock them through gameplay.
· Music Note Creator: Players can make their own music by using instruments and toys to play various notes.
· Main Street USA Storefronts and buildings: These new pieces give Toy Boxes the official look of Main Street USA with familiar elements such as Main Street Lighting and Turnstyles.
· Elsa’s Ice Palace: Place Queen Elsa’s Ice Castle on the North Mountain in a Toy Box to create a Frozen themed adventure (unlockable in the Toy Box Speedway Expansion Game).
· Marshmallow: Players can now add this new toy to their Toy Box, the fearsome guardian of Elsa’s palace from the movie Frozen (unlockable in the Toy Box Speedway Expansion Game).
· New vehicles: Check out other new popular vehicles such as Mad Hatter’s Teacup, Splash Mountain log, TRON Light Cycle, and more.
Rated PEGI 7, the Disney Infinity 3.0: Play Without Limits Starter Pack is available now for pre-order at Amazon, GAME, Smyths and Tesco, among other UK retailers – with the Toy Box Takeover game piece as the pre-order incentive (while stocks last). The following will also launch on 28th August in the UK:
· Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars™ Special Edition, exclusively for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3
· Standalone Disney Infinity 3.0 Video Game Software for fans that already own a Disney Infinity 1.0 or 2.0 Starter Pack and want to use the base they already own*
· Inside Out Play Set featuring Joy and Anger figures, plus game piece
· Fan-favourite character figures, including Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo, Chewbacca; Inside Out’s Fear, Disgust and Sadness; Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Mulan, Olaf and more
· Power Discs, now sold in labelled franchise-specific packs
Disney Infinity 3.0: Play Without Limits is being developed by Avalanche Software in partnership with Ninja Theory, Sumo Digital, Studio Gobo and United Front Games. Additional Disney, Disney•Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars™ figures and Play Sets will be announced in the coming months. With Disney Infinity 3.0, fans have the unique opportunity to play with all of the Star Wars™ characters in all of the Star Wars™ Play Sets.
To learn more and to pre-order the game, please visit the Disney Infinity 3.0 website here.