Mark helms the show with guest hosts Nathan P. Butler and Michael Morris! They talk Star Wars Games, Disney Infinity, and more, all on this week’s episode of the STAR WARS REPORT!
Han has a wife? Boba hunts Luke? Vader learns the pilot’s name!?! A brave new Canon! All this and so much more! All on the next Star Wars Beyond the Films. YOUR Star Wars discussion podcast! YOUR Podcast of Legends! YOUR ticket to that Galaxy far, far away!
This week true believers, Beyonders, Fanboys, Fangirls, respected aliens around the galaxy, The Champion of the Multiverse; Mark Hurliman, and your Count of Continuities; Nathan P. Butler sit down to explore Marvel Comic’s Star Wars: Skywalker Strikes. So strap in and tighten your crash webbing Fandom, Star Wars Beyond the Films is setting off on another rapid-fire trip into the galaxy far, far away!
Jedi News has an article from an EW report, stating that Abrams broke his L4 while trying to help Ford out from under the door that broke his leg.
Luckily is wasn’t debilitating, as Abrams only found out what was causing him pain when he went to the doctor’s office a few days later.
J.J. himself made the following comment on the incident:
The guy is like a real-life superhero. He should have the Marvel logo above his name,” Abrams said, before recalling what happened when the actor broke his leg on the Force Awakens set last year.
“He’s down there and he’s toughing it out. He’s a super human being. He’s literally lying there making jokes,” Abrams said. “This door had gone down, and I’m trying to help lift it up – because that’s the kind of guy I am. I’m trying to lift up this door and I feel this pop in my back. I’m like ‘Uh, that’s weird.’”
Cut to a couple of days later, and Abrams found himself at a doctor’s office. “He goes, ‘Oh you have a broken back,’” Abrams said. “I broke my L4 trying to lift this door.”
We told you we would eventually get to it. Our Heir to the Jedi review and more in this episode of Star Wars Bookworms.
- We are finishing up X-wing: Rogue Squadron in the Goodreads book club and we will be moving on to Dark Disciple for the month of August.
- Teresa gives her brief thoughts on Marvel’s Star Wars #7 featuring Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- New Chewbacca miniseries coming from Marvel. That girl with him looks like trouble.
- There is an excerpt for Aftermath featuring Wedge Antilles and Rae Sloane. Aaron gives his thoughts. Teresa doesn’t read excerpts.
- Lego Star Wars: Small Scenes from a Big Galaxy will feature photographs of Star Wars Legos set up in familiar and humorous scenes. Being Lego fans, Aaron and Teresa are both excited for this one.
- Kind of comic news, kind of collecting news. Marvel will be releasing mini comics in trading card size featuring 6 issues of Classic Star Wars comics.
- UK versions of the covers for Moving Target, Smugglers Run, and The Weapon of a Jedi. We want them all!
- Maybe our biggest disagreement yet, we finally review the novel Heir to the Jedi.