This year saw me, Teresa, Riley, and Aaron all together at Dragon Con! While the convention is over, we are still releasing coverage of it including audio, photos, event coverage, and panel recaps like this one. Dragon Con has so much wonderful content from Marvel panels to parties, from Doctor Who to My Little Pony, and of course the Star Wars track, which had panels, parties, a costume contest, a trivia contest, and more. This Saturday panel was moderated by Teresa Delgado and Aaron Goins, who also have some audio of the panel on their podcast Star Wars Bookworms. The guests were Christie Golden and Timothy Zahn, both well know authors. The discussion revolved around tropes, with the authors talking about overdone story-lines in fiction, as well as classic themes that aid in the effort of telling a story well.
Dragon Con 2014 was jam packed with panels, cosplayers, dedicated fans, and of course celebrities. The Star Wars track at Dragon Con did so well that at several panels people were turned away because the panel was full. The Episode VII panel was one of these.
This panel was completely fan run which was nice, and to be fair to the panelists what could they really talk about? We only know so much. I knew this panel would take an interesting turn seeing as how so much of the film has been kept under wraps. The panel was moderated by Bryan Young from Full Of Sith and Big Shiny Robot. Sadly for Bryan, the traffic and congestion of Dragon Con caused him to be a shade late, but he made it! The other panelists were our very own Riley and Bethany Blanton, Amy Ratcliffe from Star Wars.com and Star Wars Insider, Brian Larsen and Nanci Schwarz from Tosche Station, and James Clark from the Boba Fett Fan Club. These guys and gals have done many a panel together and always have a way of playing off each other in a way that will hold the attention of the audience.
Big movie and book news has been released since our last episode and we need to talk about it! We put together this special episode to briefly talk the Episode VII casting and to dig into the big Star Wars Expanded Universe news.
- As our guest this episode we have Megan from Blog Full of Words and Den of Geek.
- Episode VII casting. We give our thoughts on the return of the original actors and the fresh faces.
- Finally! We get official word from Lucasfilm on the future of the EU.
- What did Timothy Zahn have to say about the announcement and is he way off base?
- Will new books and comics be bland? We discuss the possibility that the publishers will play it safe in order to keep things clear for future movies.
- We give our initial thoughts on the four (now official canon) books announced.