“Hughes the Force” available for FREE download on-line TODAY! MAY 25th!
NOW available at:
We appreciate your support and thank Hughes for helping us spread the news!
In celebration of the 35th Anniversary of the release of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, we’re teaming up with filmmaker Kevin Smith to release the film via his new YouTube Channel: SModcast Internet Television (S.I.T.) will also release its short film worldwide for download at the Hughes the Force website.
The film will be freely available to all for download in a number of digital formats for both PC and Mac, as well as mobile versions for Android and iPhone. Also available will be Blu-ray and DVD files complete with menus and bonus content for burning to your own discs.
A galactic number of bonus features, including:
· The Making of Hughes the Force featurette – behind-the-scenes footage from the set and interview clips with the Director J.C. Reifenberg, Producer Ruark Dreher and actor, James Arnold Taylor.
· Commentary Tracks – multiple tracks featuring the lead actors and the production staff covering a range of topics including the writing, cinematography, production work, and acting.
· Pop-Up Video Track – behind-the-scenes trivia throughout the film.
About “Hughes the Force”
Hughes the Force is a 35-minute short film tribute to Star Wars and John Hughes. People from around the world grew up with or can identify with the characters and stories of John Hughes’ movies (The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Ferris Bueller, etc.). Similarly, Star Wars is more than a mere film franchise, it has become an integral part of our culture for the past 30+ years.
Simon and Henry, two teens tortured by jocks and rejected by girls, are invited to the epic end of the year high school party, but there’s a catch. In order to get in, they need to bring just one hot girl. Unable to attract any female attention, they decide to take matters into their own hands and create the perfect woman from Simon’s prized Slave Leia action figure. Armed with a fully operational lightsaber and blaster, the two set out with their self-appointed mentor to do what they have never done before: fit in. On their journey, they encounter stormtroopers, aliens, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padme, a Dark Lord of the Sith, and even Director Kevin Smith in the most unlikely of places. But even with the Force as their ally, some things are not meant to be…
Celebrity Cameo Appearances in the film include:
· Director Kevin Smith, who plays himself in a hilarious cameo crucial to the plot of the film.
· James Arnold Taylor and Catherine Taber, the voices of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padme Amidala, on the hit animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, who play cameo roles as their Clone Wars characters on-screen in-costume for the first time.
· And the voice talents of Tom Kane (Yoda and others on Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Matt Sloan (Darth Vader for LucasArts, Chad Vader), and Jimmy McInerney (co-host of the ForceCast).
Producer/Writer/Director J.C. Reifenberg – mega Star Wars Fan and John Hughes hometown Alumnus, Producer Ruark Dreher, and Producer/Writer Steven Koistinen assembled a team of passionate, professional filmmakers and actors to bring the story to life. Additional information can be found at www.hughestheforce.com, Facebook.com/HughesTheForce, and on Twitter, @HughesTheForce.
All Media inquiries regarding the film should be directed to Parker Publicity email@example.com
Disclaimer: Hughes the Force is a not-for-profit project for private use and is in no way associated with Lucasfilm or any other company. Star Wars is a registered trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd.
Special thanks to Kevin Smith and SModCo for their continued support of this project