The Star Wars Report’s merchandise roundup returns this month (April 2015), compiling the major announcements and latest developments related to Star Wars toys and other products. In addition to following @StarWarsReport, make sure to check out @yak_face and @JTArchives.
New Releases and Announcements
Square Enix recently unveiled an image gallery of the Variant Play Arts Kai Boba Fett and Stormtrooper figures. Darth Vader had been revealed back in December 2014. According to The Toyark (where you can see the image gallery), “The Boba Fett will include interchangeable hands, a heavy blast, a pistol, knives, flamethrower effect, jetpack effects and a figure stand. The Stormtrooper will come with interchangeable hands, a heavy blaster, a blaster pistol, a pistol effect piece and a figure stand. Each is priced at 12,000 Yen (about $100 USD) and are scheduled for release in July.”
The Hera Syndulla action figure has finally appeared on pegs and shelves in a variety of places, including HasbroToyShop.com. Though it is currently sold out in that location, check back frequently for more updates.
Funko reissued the Greedo POP! Vinyl figure to celebrate the highly anticipated film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Read more about the limited run over at Vinyl Pop.
Celebration Anaheim Exclusives
Funko announced five POP! Vinyl Bobblehead exclusives for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim: E-3PO, Unmasked Vader, R2-Q5, Shock Trooper, and R2-R9. Find Funko at Booth #1410 (and for the R2-R9 exclusive, visit the Toy Tokyo booth).
Funko also announced four Hikari Premium Sofubi Figure exclusives: Verdigris Greedo, Matte Black Boba Fett, Icey Stormtrooper, Star Clone Trooper. Stay tuned for one more Funko announcement as we get closer to Star Wars Celebration Anaheim!
Hallmark will be offering an exclusive pair of Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments and a pair of itty bittys plush collectibles at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
- An Epic Vision is the name of the Keepsake Ornament two-pack that features Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader locked in a heated lightsaber duel as inspired by the styling of famed artist Ralph McQuarrie in preproduction art for Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
- Bossk and Dengar join Hallmark’s itty bittys line with a Celebration-exclusive two-pack of the fearsome bounty hunters seen in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.
Visit the Hallmark announcement for more information.
We’re only days away from the major event, and even though nothing official has been announced by the LEGO Group, both sites believe that a Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2015 exclusive set of the Tatooine landscape will be present.
“Our tribute to the Vintage Kenner collection of released carded figures! A beautiful full-color 18″x24″ poster featuring a total of 197 Vintage Kenner card backs. The full run of 196 card backs (plus one of the most famous figure variations) can be found featured in amazing detail seen together like never before! The GOOD NEWS is that everyone will have the opportunity to get this poster if he/she wants one! Click through for more details!”
StarWars.com gave fans a first look at the apparel that will be available to purchase at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim. The collection includes a variety of designs, but don’t be surprised if the Hera Syndulla shirt is the first to sell out, especially given how scarce she’s been in other Star Wars Rebels products. Check out the gallery over at StarWars.com and catch up with the latest sneak peek of the exclusive merchandise that will be made available to fans attending the event.
Also present at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim: Her Universe! Ashley Eckstein is bringing a brand new collection of Star Wars clothes to fangirls of all ages and sizes. The previews she drops on Instagram and her other social media channels sends fans flailing with excitement.
The following products are now available for pre-order:
- Zam Wesell Statue from Gentle Giant: “The Zam Wessel Statue features the changeling assassin in her highly detailed costume holding her sniper rifle and container of Kouhun Worms. Zam also includes 2 interchangeable portraits, one humanoid portrait, and one Clawdite. Crafted using only the highest quality polystone, each limited-edition hand-painted statue comes individually numbered and is packed with a matching certificate of authenticity.”
- Logray Star Wars Jumbo Figure from Gentle Giant: “Recreated here with his ornate churi bird headdress, medicine bag and walking staff, no details have been missed on this amazing figure. To further capture the vintage feel, Gentle Giant has packaged this figure with a Return of the Jedi -inspired backer card featuring original photos and artwork.”
- Star Wars Villain 3 Pack Jumbo Figures from Gentle Giant: “Digitally scanned from mint 3 ¾” Kenner originals and reproduced in 12” scale to the rest of the jumbo Kenner line, no detail has been overlooked. Roto and injection molded and made of durable plastics, this fully-articulated jumbo figure includes faithfully re-produced accessories as well as Vader’s cape. To further capture the vintage feel, Gentle Giant has packaged this figure with a Star Wars A New Hope -inspired packaging featuring original photos and artwork.”
- Darth Vader Premium Format Figure from Sideshow Collectibles: “Every detail of the Sith Lords costume, from his iconic helmet to his sweeping black cape, have been faithfully recreated as seen on screen in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.”
Darth Daddy created a custom figure of Zare Leonis in his Imperial cadet uniform. Zare appeared in the episodes “Breaking Ranks” and “Vision of Hope” in Star Wars Rebels. He’s also the main character of the junior novel series Servants of the Empire by Jason Fry.
Angriest Man Alive made a fully-articulated Inquisitor action figure, “Without writing a novel, it took some boiling, popping, cutting, drilling, gluing, and painting, but I’m reasonably pleased with how he turned out.” (via Jedi Temple Archives)
Customizer Jamie Follis will be hosting a panel on action figure customizing at Star Wars Celebration on Friday, April 17, from 12PM to 1PM. Find more details over at Yakface.com.