This year saw me, Teresa, Riley, and Aaron all together at Dragon Con! While the convention is over, we are still releasing coverage of it including audio, photos, event coverage, and panel recaps like this one. Dragon Con has so much wonderful content from Marvel panels to parties, from Doctor Who to My Little Pony, and of course the Star Wars track, which had panels, parties, a costume contest, a trivia contest, and more. This Saturday panel was moderated by Teresa Delgado and Aaron Goins, who also have some audio of the panel on their podcast Star Wars Bookworms. The guests were Christie Golden and Timothy Zahn, both well know authors. The discussion revolved around tropes, with the authors talking about overdone story-lines in fiction, as well as classic themes that aid in the effort of telling a story well.
Right before we head off to DragonCon we bring you an extra long, extra special episode featuring discussions of Adam Bray’s recent books and a comic review with Mark Newbold (Jedi News UK, Radio 1138).
- Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos in love? Aaron and Teresa speculate based on the new synopsis for the upcoming Ventress novel.
- Keep on reading. We have selected the next book for our Goodreads book club and it’s the new release A New Dawn. Go pick up the book (release date Sept 2nd) and get into the discussion.
- Following up our Adam Bray interview last episode, we really get into his books this episode. We take both What Makes a Monster and Rebels: The Visual Guide and go through them pointing out all of our favorite things. Of course this leads to much discussion and speculation about the upcoming TV series.
- Finally Mark Newbold joins us again to discuss and review the latest Darth Vader comic, Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows.
In this special episode we have an interview with the writer of Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide, Adam Bray.
- Adam talks to us about his first time viewing Star Wars at a drive-in theater, his personal fandom, and what Star Wars characters he enjoys the most. We also discuss how he got into writing and his approach to writing for a younger audience.
- A modern day Indiana Jones. Adam lets us know about some of his world travels including discovering ancient temples and visiting the Lord of the Rings sets in New Zealand.
- A sarlacc has arm bones? We ask Adam about the first Star Wars book he wrote, What Makes a Monster?
- Finally we talk about Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide and what readers can expect from it. We discuss how the book came together, references to the Legends universe, the Inquisitor, excitement for the show, and more!
On this episode of Star Wars Bookworms we have another first time guest, we talk about the book and comic news coming out of San Diego Comicon, and we review a couple comic volumes.
- We were so happy to have first time guest Zak “PT” Thorogood join us. He is the main comic book reviewer over at Jedi News.
- Did Marvel play it safe? We talked about our reactions to the first three Star Wars comic series announced by Marvel.
- Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress in the same novel! Aaron gushes over the possibilities while Teresa and PT calmy discuss their thoughts as well.
- “It’s the same universe”. We talk about John Jackson Miller’s latest comments on the new direction of the novels and comics.
- War, romance, betrayal.. and that’s all in just the first comic. We discuss and review Dawn of the Jedi: Force War and Legacy: Prisoners of the Broken Ring.
Aaron propped his feet up and let Teresa do all the work this time around. She brings us an awesome interview with fan-favorite Star Wars author Drew Karpyshyn, writer of the Darth Bane Trilogy, Revan, and Annihilation.
In this hour-long interview Drew talks about everything from his writing style, favorite characters, video games, Star Wars Legends and so much more.
Teresa also gets insight from Drew about the characters and story from his current fantasy trilogy, Chaos Born.
At the end of the interview she asks him questions sent into us from Facebook and Twitter. Here he discusses Episode VII, the possibility of writing more Star Wars, theories on Yoda and more.
You don’t want to miss this one!