Riley and Bruce head over to the Dunwoody Tavern for a full hour of Star Wars podcasting delights
Star Wars Report is available on iTunes! Be sure to subscribe, rate and review!
You can show your support of the Star Wars Report podcast by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/starwarsreport Get all kinds of exclusive bonus content for our patron supporters!
Thanks to our patrons! We reached 50!
Topics for this week’s show:
- The Last Jedi planet Crait is coming to Disney Parks’ Star Tours (Disney Parks Blog)
- Earlier this year we told you about a thrilling new adventure coming to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue at Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios that will place guests in the middle of an epic battle. The action takes place on the planet of Crait, which we got our first glimpse of in the teaser trailer of Star Wars: The Last Jedi earlier this year.
- Today we’re pleased to share that this exciting new sequence, inspired by the latest film in the Star Wars saga, will debut at Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 17, at Disneyland Paris November 22, and, as previously announced, at Tokyo Disneyland December 15!
- Rian Johnson talks to The Hollywood Reporter…quotes below
- “Having been a Star Wars fan myself for the past 40 years, having spent most of my life on the other side of the curtain, I know the anticipation and the guesswork and theorizing is all part of the fun and game of it. So I love it. I love seeing what people are thinking, seeing what they’re guessing, seeing what they’re anticipating.”
- “Each new film hopefully recontextualizes what came before it. That’s part of the game. Yes, it’s a continuation of not only The Force Awakens, but also of the legacy leading up to it.”
- “J.J. Abrams is doing a third movie. I’m not involved in it. They’ll be writing their own story, but continuing on with what we did.”
- Behind-the-scenes video with Rian Johnson from USA Today
- J.J. Abrams and Chris Terrio says Episode IX will bring all 3 trilogies together (comicbookmovie.com)
- J.J. Abrams: I feel like we need to approach this with the same excitement that we had when we were kids, loving what these movies were. And at the same time, we have to take them places that they haven’t gone, and that’s sort of our responsibility.”
- Reddit post from a fan who spoke to J.J. and Chris Terrio: “They said that they’re going to be brave and there will be big surprises. I got the impression that JJ felt like he had to refresh previous Star Wars moments for a modern audience in TFA, and now it feels like they have free reign to do what they want. Apparently they’ve had no interference from Kathleen or Pablo or the Lucasfilm Story Group. 9 is also the film which unites all three trilogies and brings everything together. That’s all they would tell me.”
- “I worry a little bit that the questions I was asking were too leading. I was speaking to Chris and he was talking about the OT. I said about how I grew up with the PT and the prequels were my entry point into Star Wars. I asked about elements of the PT coming into 9 and Chris said about how 9 unites all of it. He said 9 definitely makes it feel like they’re all happening in the same universe, and there would be PT elements in 9. They could be visual or thematic – he didn’t overtly say that there would be returning planets or characters from the PT or anything.”
Riley: Getting into Star Wars Comics (Star Wars Omnibus #1)
Bruce: Something about books I think.
Download the mp3 HERE!: (Right-click and “save as”)
Also, for exclusive updates and content, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list!
Be sure to jump below to subscribe to the how.